Welcome to my blog!

This blog highlights all my favorite picks and ponderings. I share book recommendations, yummy recipes and fashion favorites! I throw in some surprises every now and then and share my life happenings and LOTS of pictures of my adorable sons, Joey and Teddy:) Hope you'll keeping stopping by!

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lent

One of my Lenten goals has been to get to at least one daily Mass during the week.  The first week of Lent we didn't make it until Friday and we got stuck behind a school bus that stopped at almost every driveway along the road leading to Church.  So we were late.  Daily Mass at this particular church is in the very small Chapel and the only seats were in the smack dab front row.  As I made my way to the front, I silently prayed the boys would be on their best behavior.  We were already late, I didn't also want to make a ruckus interrupting everyone else's worship.. And although they weren't perfect by any means, they kept it together pretty well and I sincerely hoped we weren't a bother to those around us.  But when it was time to offer peace, it was only kind looks and genuine smiles surrounding and I breathed a sigh.  At the end of Mass the priest made a comment on how wonderful it was to see new young life at Mass.  And then when Mass had ended numerous people came up to me to inquire about the boys and tell me how happy they were to see us.  It made me realize that people are happy to see young children at Mass, they are after all the future of the Church.  But it also made me realize that I am giving my boys a gift too by showing them the importance of the Mass and faith and God.  And at the end of the day, if that is all I give them, I think I've done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment