Welcome to my blog!

This blog highlights all my favorite picks and ponderings. I share book recommendations, yummy recipes and fashion favorites! I throw in some surprises every now and then and share my life happenings and LOTS of pictures of my adorable sons, Joey and Teddy:) Hope you'll keeping stopping by!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Yummy Recipe & A Cute Outfit:)


I love my lasagna recipe for three reasons.
1. It's easy
2. It's delicious
3. It tastes even better as leftovers
I actually don't do leftovers! Once I am done with a meal, I am done! But for some reason, this lasagna tastes so delish the next day!
I originally got this recipe from my mother-in-law and tweaked it a bit to make it my own! The great thing about this recipe is you use regular old lasagna noodles, but you don't have to cook them! Love that!



Ingredients:
I box of lasagna (You won't use the whole thing)
1 jar of pasta sauce (I use Newman's Sockarooni)
1 box of frozen chopped spinach
32 oz Ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 cups of shredded Mozzarella (divided)
1/2 cup Paremesan cheese
about 2 tsp oregano
about 2 tsp parsley
1 tsp minced garlic
pepper
1 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Thaw spinach in microwave for about 2 minutes. Drain excess water.
Mix together ricotta, eggs, parmesan, 1/2 cup of mozzarella and thawed spinach.  Add oregano, parsley, garlic and a dash of pepper.  Mix mixture until well incorporated.
Take 1 cup of pasta sauce and spread on bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Layer 3 rows of lasagna noodles across and 1 down.  *See picture.
Top with 1/3 of cheese mixture.
Add another layer of noodles.
Top with the next 1/3 of cheese mixture.
Add another layer of noodles.
Top with remaining cheese mixture.
Add final layer of noodles.

Pour the remaining pasta sauce over top and spread.
Add the remaining mozzarella cheese.
Now remember how I said you didn't have to cook the lasagna noodles.  Well the next step ensures they cook in the oven! Take 1 cup of water and pour around the edge of the lasagna all the way around the pan.
Tightly secure tin foil over the pan.
Place in oven and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Take out and let sit for 15 minutes.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven when you are ready!
In all the excitement of getting the dinner all ready, I forgot to take a picture of the final product. Shame on me! I assure you, it looked as delicious as it tasted:)

Ok, today is Day 3 of my Back to School Fashion link up with Fashionista Teacher!
Click here to see Day 1
Here for Day 2.
Here's today's look.

Love me a scarf!


Don't forget to check out the family blog today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment